Positions Available: 1
Compensation: $56,000.00 to $70,000.00 per annum
Unionized Position: Yes
Union: OPSEU L5116
Hours of Work: 37.50 hours per week
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Job Class: Clinical
Reporting to a Program Manager, the Nurse Case Manager coordinates and monitors the assessment, treatment and follow-up for each client. This position requires skill in the planning and organization of nursing care for individuals with a mental health diagnosis and complex care needs. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the assessment, evaluation, planning and revision of client care;
- Administer nursing care as directed or required. Process orders from Nurse Practitioner or Team Psychiatrist;
- Use correct nursing techniques when treating clients in compliance with all procedures and policies;
- Identify and communicate significant abnormalities in client data to appropriate team members responsible for coordination of all services caring for each client;
- Identify and report irregularities or mistakes in client care to the appropriate team members;
- Responsible for monitoring accuracy and timely completion of laboratory work;
- Report abnormal values and complete relevant and documents as well as necessary follow-up;
- Review notes and care plan to assure appropriate intervention based on plan of care and accuracy of documentation;
- Perform direct client care requiring skilled assessment and intervention.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree/or diploma from an accredited school of nursing;
- Current RPN or RN License;
- Minimum 2 years of supervised experience as an RPN or RN;
- Experience working with adults diagnosed with a mental illness, an asset.
Key skills and abilities we are looking for:
- Knowledge regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team, which includes internal and external stakeholders;
- Applied computer skills (Microsoft Office, Client Information Systems, Web browsing);
- Fluency in a second language is a strong asset;
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
- Criminal background check;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays as required.
Who we are:
Reconnect Community Health Services is a not-for-profit health service organization located in the west end of Toronto. We provide services for seniors, caregivers, and people living with mental health and addictions concerns.
All interested applicants who meet the qualifications listed above are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by clicking “Apply Now”.
To request an accommodation in the application process, contact us by phone at (416) 248-2050 ext. 5541
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reconnect Community Health Services
1281 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M6E 1B8
Reconnect Community Health Services promotes the principles of and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Indigenous communities, people of all races, colors, ethnic origins, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Working with adults diagnosed with a mental illness: 1 year (preferred)
- Current RPN or RN license (required)
- Degree or diploma from an accredited school of nursing (required)
- G-class driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle (required)
How To Apply:
If you are interested to apply to this job, please make sure you have a Professional Career Profile with us. You can find out more information here.
If you already have a Professional Profile with us, please fill out the form to send your Professional Profile to the employer.